Monday, August 8, 2011

Here We Go Again

I used to be an avid writer. Well, I suppose I still am, but in the last three years, I seem to have lost focus.

Why?

Because I spawned.

I'm not pointing fingers, but it's true. When my son was born in early 2008, parenting became my main focus in life. I jumped with both feet in, with nary a clue about what to do, and it's been an adventure, to say the least. I had been journaling and blogging online since 1999, so I knew I would also end up blogging about my new job. Which I did. Here, here, oh and even sometimes here.

Obviously, I couldn't focus.

What I quickly found out was there are a bajillion mom bloggers out there, and even though I was "one of them," I never felt comfortable where I was. I couldn't find my niche. And so, after some posts here and there, I gave up on a blog ... only to start another one shortly thereafter.

Writing is an itch I must constantly scratch. (How much or how little I care about actually having an audience is another matter.) So here I go again. Have I found my focus? My niche? Well, sort of. My topic of choice is still, of course, parenting. While I'm far from being an "expert" it's what I know most about at this point in my life. What I want is a home for my stories as a parent; the ups and downs, the good and the bad. You know that line from The Princess Bride, where the Man in Black says:
Life IS pain, your highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.
It's kind of been my motto about parenting. Yes, it can be glorious. But it can also be maddening. I swear NO ONE warned me about any of this before I got pregnant. Not that it would have changed my mind, but it would have been nice to have had someone tell me, "When your kid is two years old, sometimes they will just fall on the floor in hysterics all because you got on the wrong elevator."

And that's it. I hope to share our stories in the hopes that others may find them amusing, entertaining, or sometimes even enlightening.

Thanks for reading,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment